Genevieve Tusa, J.D.
Genevieve Tusa began her legal career in the private sector as an associate attorney at two prominent Michigan law firms, Beier Howlett, P.C. in Bloomfield Hills, and Mason, Steinhardt, Jacobs Perlman & Pesick, P.C. in Southfield. She handled a variety of complex commercial litigation, including municipal law issues and prosecutions, corporate and business litigation, construction litigation, contract disputes and employment law matters.
She then spent three years as an Assistant Wayne County Prosecuting Attorney, where she tried numerous bench and jury trials in the Special Auto Theft Unit, Juvenile Unit and General Trial Unit. She next served for three years as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Michigan in the Civil Rights Division. These positions gave her a depth of litigation experience unusual among family law attorneys.
Ms. Tusa founded Tusa Law, PLC in order to put her skills to use helping families solve their legal conflicts. In addition to her extensive litigation experience, which allows her to advocate powerfully for clients in the courtroom, Ms. Tusa is trained in domestic relations mediation and Collaborative Divorce and is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. Her wide-ranging training gives her the ability to help clients resolve family law disputes in whatever forum best meets their interests.
Currently, in addition to her family law practice, Ms. Tusa is appointed by the Michigan Attorney General’s Office to serve as a Special Assistant Attorney General, handling felony child support cases and other special projects for the State of Michigan.
Ms. Tusa is married and lives with her husband in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. She is the proud mother of a John Carroll University graduate who works in Cleveland for a prominent marketing firm.
- Family Law
- Collaborative Divorce
Admissions to Practice
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 1997
Wayne Law Review, Associate Editor, 1995-1997
- University of Michigan, B.S. with Honors, 1993
Professional Memberships and Associations
- State Bar of Michigan, Family Law and Appellate Sections
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan (CPIM)
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts (IDFA)
- Wayne County Family Law Bar Association, Secretary
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Arab-American Bar Association
- University of Michigan Alumni Association
Training and Certification
- Family Law Certificate Program, Michigan Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Interdisciplinary Training in Collaborative Law, Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Training, Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Divorce and Custody Mediation Training, Mediation Training & Consultation Institute, Ann Arbor, MI
- Domestic Violence Screening Training, State Court Administrative Office of Michigan
- Michigan Family Law, April 2017, The 2017 Michigan Child Support Formula Alters the Treatment of High Income Support Cases